Training Resource Program
The Training Resource Program contributes to the well-being of our community by providing effective needs assessment, educational opportunities, consultation and resources primarily for board members, staff, and volunteers of non-profit agencies. The Saint John Volunteer Centre provides training sessions to individual participants registered in an open workshop (ie. Noon Nuggets) as well as organizations that have requested “customized” training. We adapt training contents to the needs of organizations. Workshops are delivered by facilitators who are knowledgeable in their field and are well known in the community. They are experienced trainers with strong presentation skills and understand the principles of adult education. For more information, please follow any of the links below, or contact us here.
Currently Scheduled Training Events
Past Training Events
- SJVC launches on-line volunteer matching platform nicknamed “vHarmony”
- SAVE THE DATE: March 16th Workshop on Digital Fundraising
- Bursary Notice ($1,500) For Female Student With Volunteer Spirit
- SEEKING BETTER IMPACT CORPORATE SPONSOR: $2500
- FREE WORKSHOPS for individuals with disabilities, their families and support workers.
- Call For Volunteers: YMCA Childen’s Pool Time
- Cathedral Restoration Project
- Free Education Series – The Alzheimer Journey: Care Essentials
- Are you looking for a meaningful and enriching way to contribute to your community?
- “Dynamic Dads” for dads of children ages 0-8
I found the workshop informative, interesting and very applicable to my volunteer board work.
To see more Click here: Testimonials Governance Certificate 2014
Volunteer Management & Non-profit Resource Links:
Muttard Foundation Workbooks on Board Development
HRVS Toolkit on Human Resources in the Voluntary Sector