Training Resource Program
The Training Resource Program contributes to the well-being of our community by providing effective needs assessment, educational opportunities, consultation and resources primarily for board members, staff, and volunteers of non-profit agencies. The Saint John Volunteer Centre provides training sessions to individual participants registered in an open workshop (ie. Noon Nuggets) as well as organizations that have requested “customized” training. We adapt training contents to the needs of organizations. Workshops are delivered by facilitators who are knowledgeable in their field and are well known in the community. They are experienced trainers with strong presentation skills and understand the principles of adult education. For more information, please follow any of the links below, or contact us here.
Currently Scheduled Training Events
Past Training Events
- Investors Group $1000 sponsorship of Blitz Project
- Our 2017 Volunteer Spirit Award Recipients
- Florence Christie Memorial Bursary Recipient MORGAN NESBITT
- JOB POSTING: Living SJ Evaluation and Communications Manager
- CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Volunteer Spirit Award
- Invitation: April 25th, Come hear what the Volunteer Centre is up to!!
- SJVC launches on-line volunteer matching platform nicknamed “vHarmony”
- SAVE THE DATE: March 16th Workshop on Digital Fundraising
- Bursary Notice ($1,500) For Female Student With Volunteer Spirit
- SEEKING BETTER IMPACT CORPORATE SPONSOR: $2500
I found the workshop informative, interesting and very applicable to my volunteer board work.
To see more Click here: Testimonials Governance Certificate 2014
Volunteer Management & Non-profit Resource Links:
Muttard Foundation Workbooks on Board Development
HRVS Toolkit on Human Resources in the Voluntary Sector