The Saint John Volunteer Centre provides excellent volunteer referral and training resources to support the non-profit sector. Be sure to take advantage of the full scope of services we offer to our membership which comprises of 70 agencies.
- Recruit skilled volunteers through our experienced matching service.
- Post your volunteer positions in our SJVC database.
- Engage highly skilled volunteers through our (ESV) Employer Supported Volunteerism network.
- Participate in Workplace Fairs.
- Access exceptional, discounted training in Board Development and Volunteer Management delivered by knowledgeable professionals.
- Promote your volunteer events via:
- SJVC website and social media avenues (Facebook, Twitter, Blog).
- Post Events
- Fund-raising, urgent volunteer needs
- Advertise voluntary sector jobs to professionals across the city.
- Receive notices on monthly training workshops for your Board, staff, and volunteers.
Access to Services
Member agencies benefit from access to the following services:
- Rent a Santa.
- Customized training for staff or board members.
- Organizational Needs Assessment.
Expand your professional network of volunteers, volunteer management professionals, and training experts.
- Attend informative Agency Networking Opportunities.
- Participate in volunteer sector events.
- View our training calendar at any time.
- List of best practices web-sites for Boards and Volunteer Managers
- Nominate volunteers for the Volunteer Spirit Award (volunteer recognition), presented at the SJVC Annual General Meeting held during National Volunteer Week in April.