Funds for the Dr. Florence M. Christie Memorial Bursary are in the amount of $1,500 are provided by the Greater Saint John Community Foundation. The award was established in recognition of the contribution Dr. Florence M. Christie made to the Saint John Community as Executive Director of Family Services, Founding Director of the Human Development Council and first President of the Volunteer Bureau (now Saint John Volunteer Centre, Inc.). The annual Bursary is coordinated by the Saint John Volunteer Centre. The Florence Christie Memorial Bursary is awarded each year to a student who demonstrates the spirit of volunteerism.
MINIMUM CRITERIA TO APPLY:
- Female Student out of high school at least one full year and enrolled as a full or part-time student.
- Resident of greater Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Provide a transcript of marks. High academic standing NOT a prerequisite.
- Volunteer experience is a major consideration in the selection process.
- Demonstrated financial need.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE: Completed 3 page application form including details of area of study, degree or program undertaken, Income and Expenses; 3 letters of reference; a transcript of marks; a personal cover letter including details of volunteer experience/school participation, and future goals.
DOWNLOAD/VIEW COMPLETE BURSARY CRITERIA
Completed Application form can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below
F. Christie Bursary Selection Committees
Saint John Volunteer Centre
PO Box 7091 Station A,
Saint John, N.B.
Application Deadline is March 31st, 2017