Evaluation and Communications Manager
Full Time Position One Year Contract (renewable annually) Location: Saint John, NB
Living SJ (www.livingsj.ca) is a diverse network of partners representing business, government and educational institutions; philanthropic, non-profit and community organizations; and neighbourhoods. These leaders have agreed to work collectively to end generational poverty. Much of the work serves families within the City of Saint John and in five neighbourhoods that have high concentrations of generational poverty.
The Living SJ partners are determined to demonstrate an effective approach to social change. To this end, the collective impact model has been adopted to guide Living SJ’s vision, build public will, advance policy and mobilize funding. A fundamental principle of this work is a shared measurement approach. Evaluation is absolutely critical to everything we do.
The Evaluation and Communications Manager is the staff lead for coordinating the collection and reporting on measures that indicate overall community progress. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with backbone supports for each priority area (Health, Workforce, Education and Neighbourhoods) as well as other community, government and academic partners involved in collecting and sharing data.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensures the appropriate indicators and tools are in place to track community progress and results;
- Develops purposeful and systematic collection of information to track Living SJ’s progress towards targets;
- Promotes the analysis of research and evaluation to better understand community issues;
- Consults, designs and implements short-term evaluation contracts with partners;
- Develops materials to articulate knowledge translation and methods for sharing data;
- Merges the worlds of data collection and storytelling to highlight key indicators and celebrate the accomplishments of our network;
- Assists with engagement of partners in the Living SJ network and leads the activities of the Living SJ Data Committee;
- Develops the Living SJ newsletter and other communications vehicles to keep key stakeholders informed; and
- Assists the Executive Director with the execution of other deliverables as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong skills in reporting and analysis, evaluation, and research;
- Demonstrated experience in a community research and evaluation role;
- Energetic and critical thinker; innovative and pragmatic problem-solver;
- Empathetic and trustworthy with confidential information;
- Excellent organizational, project management and facilitation skills working as a member of a small (but mighty!) team;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Understanding of social policy, government, business and community approaches;
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships;
- Ability to respond to an emerging agenda, changing deadlines and priorities;
- Competence with appropriate computer-based applications;
- Able to work flexible and non-traditional hours; and
- Competence in both official languages is considered an asset.
Compensation: The annual salary for this position is $50,000.
Resumes with cover letter must be received by Friday, May 12th and sent to: Donna Gates, Executive Director, Living SJ at firstname.lastname@example.org