- Board Members (accounting and website support specialties an asset right now).
- Promotional Representative Person (who can volunteer some time getting to know to the centre and clients before PR work). Primary tasks to support advertising in the community through various avenues such as newsletters, agency meetings, updating website, creating and disseminating posters and brochures).
- Fundraising Committee (to research available funds for the centre and/or facilitate in the creation of grant applications)
- Volunteers who can support the Child Development Centre (required criminal record check & valid first-aid/CPR (if providing more than 10 hours per week of direct care to children).
- Volunteer who can support the Program Director in the Adult Care Centre.
All hours are flexible; volunteers can choose to give a few hours, a full day, or a few days per week depending on their time and interest.
The Child Development Centre supports children and their families by providing affordable and high-quality child care that is government licensed in a home-based type environment that provides enriched learning opportunities in correspondence with the NB Early Learning Curriculum Framework, so that each child may develop to their full potential. Hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Adult Care Centre supports adults with physical or mental-health disability and their caregivers by providing social and recreational opportunities. It also serves as a place where clients can develop communication and life skills and engage in experiences that support their self-efficacy. Time away from home provides respite for caregivers. Hours of operation are from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Volunteer now (complete the Volunteer Application form)
Contact Carla Daniels Executive Director Centenary-Queen Square Care Centres
Ph. (506) 693-8080